Sunday, October 01, 2006

9/30/2006, Think Pink Day... Sewing 4 Quilt Blocks

I went to the Think Pink Day at the Thimble Creek yesterday. I carried my sewing machine, few quilting tools and got there early. Not that many people and one lady finish one block and left in hours. I left around 1pm and got 4 blocks done. I feel great and I even altered my last lock Shoofly by adding a 3" minitures in the middle block. Sally Collins stopped and we got saw her beautiful Pineapple minitures quilt. She is my idol and her quilts are awesome and I collect all her books and few blocks. I should finish them someday. Here's a gift I got from the Thimble Creek, it is a beautiful bracelet and a very nice surprise. I forgot to take pictures of my blocks but they a will be on the Web before December auctions.

I also found another piece of "Bracelet" from my stash. It's a row stitches counters. I got this from a ebay buyer whose mother was makng them. I am try to find a picture to practice using them.
I got a call from Lily Kwong, she had quite her jobs four months due to her illness of depression. She is always nice to keeping contact. I am going to send her a card to cheer her up. I invite her to come to visit and I told her she may like to stay in my condo since it's more convinent. The weekend come and got quickly. I took pictures on my phone and I have to figure out how to down load them to "gapper"

No comments: