Sunday, December 30, 2007

Snowflake sock, Tomten Jacket

Yarn: JoAnn's Sensations Rainbow Classic, Color: Berry
Amount: 1 Big Skein (75% used)
Needle: 5 mm/US Size 8; 32"
Pattern: Elizabeth Zimmerman's Tomten Jacket
Start Date: Dec 27, 2007
Ended: Dec 30, 2007
I am happy the Jacket outcome. I bought the book almost a year ago and made the surprise jackets and I told myself to banch on other projects from the book. I started this few days ago and it's an easy project. I frogged the original project of blanket and start the Tomten few days ago. I made it longer length on the body and add 12 more stitches at start so I don't have to add the button piece. It turns of well since the sewing pieces has been bulky with the thick yarn. It can be another 2 more inches longer. I just cast on another one, so modify the stitches a bit. I am looking for buttons now and it's going to the twins next week when I see them.


Yarn: Jawoll, 100g
Needle: 2mm Size 0; Addi 40"
Pattern: Snowflake
Start: Dec 12, 2007
Ended: Dec 26, 2007

I started this pair of sock couple weeks ago, but it's slow due to the holidays. It's a very interesting yarn that come with 2 spool of nylon to enforce the heel stitches. I made a pair of ankle socks with another pattern but I couldn't figure how to use it. This pattern is very easy to do with 2 color of pattern. The snowflake yarn is from left over wool yarn and it got nice contrast color. I am very please with the combination.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I love the new layout of your blog.

I got the Knitting Workshop for Christmas and been meaning to make the Tomten (so far I've only done the BSJ). Yours came out very nice.

Jane